No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate. Then if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love. For love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite. White is nothing. Black is nothing. Simply because nothing is black and white. And yes! we are not talking about color. Because we are talking about equality for every human being.
December 3rd, 2013, worldwide be sorrowful by the death of South Africa’s first black president, at 95 years old. Stand as the Nobel Peace Prize Winner, he became a worldwide symbol of resistance to Apartheid and he has been to jail for 27 years under South Africa’s Apartheid regime. People get inspired by his leadership skills, lead from the back and let others believe they are in front. The fight for equality is not over yet, there will be a lot of people as the next generation to fight for it even more.
EVEN THOUGH RACISM BASED on AFRICA’S HISTORY HAS BEEN LEFT BEHIND. BUT NOW WE TRY TO UNDERSTAND AND BACK TO THE PAST of HISTORY. OF COURSE, WE TRY TO REFLECT BACK TO APARTHEID ERA.
when the black people being isolated
when the black people being discriminated
when the black people being slave
when black people can’t feel the freedom of life
when the black people feeling un-welcomed
and when racism and inequality existed in South Africa under colonialism.
Apartheid already framed as a relic of history based on 3 pillars:
- the race classification act (which is a hard classification gap between black and white)
- the mix marriages act (which is marriages between white and black is never be allowed)
- group areas act (which is separation between white and black land)
Responding to the pressure and racialism in the Apartheid era, as a figure that really wants a freedom Nelson Mandela involved in the Anti Apartheid movement under the idea of African National Congress (ANC) in 1994. Nelson helped the establishment of Youth League as the transformation of ANC into Mass Political Movement in order to fight for freedom. The ANC responded to attacks on the rights of black South Africans, as well as calling for strikes, boycotts, and defiance. He was spending 27 years in prison since 1962 for both armed unarmed resistance to South Africa’s brutal and racist apartheid regime. even though he was dealing with inhuman treatment and inhuman punishment in prison, his years behind the bars kept connected to ANC in continuing his fighting to apartheid until he released from prison in 1990 since his position to racism began many years ago, Mandela became Anti Racism Icon.
He was inspiring revolutionary struggle in Quba from Fidel Castro (1953-1959) and supported Palestinian liberation. because he beliefs “Africa’s freedom is not complete without Palestinian Liberation”.
Besides no racism issue that makes Mandela was famous until now, have you realize some unique facts about him, why he deserves to be an inspiration. here’s the thing:
- He was the biggest fan of Spice Girls. wow, it’s so interesting, isn’t it? as a famous leader, he felt in love with Spice Girls. is it funny huh??
- Unbelievable! he was AIDS fighter for sure. knowing the fact that South Africa as the biggest number of this disease in the world, he came up as a notable figure in the HIV/AIDS awareness campaign
- Some people claimed him as a terrorist through the establishment of ANC in responding Sharpeville Massacre, people’s beliefs, His movement was a kind of terrorist action.
- Well yeah, he is an ambassador of peace (even though he was a terrorist he never directly hurt civil society, especially children and women)
- Even though he was an ambassador of peace, he was also dealing with domestic violence as his ex-wife was becoming a victim of it. who cares about his private life? that fact proofs us the claim never decreased society’s respect on him
- Even, Mandela and Women can not be separated. under his great reputation, he was being able to attract women easily. knowing the fact he has married 3 times.
- Another fact is He Married killer (his second wife, Winnie Mandela was proven killed 14 years old girl when she gave information about Mandela to the police. that’s so scary but the power of love can do anything.
- As a fighter of human rights equality, he also had friends with a dictator. even Muammar Gaddafi as a bad world dictator, Mandela was really closed to him.
- He was a communist (communism is perhaps not generally held by a black man who was living in poverty. but in fact, Mandela was a communist)
- He hates publicity (when recently served as President, the world hailed the figure. But Mandela just said he was just a regular guy who happens to be appointed as leader. Simple, isn’t it?)
Even he was claimed as a terrorist through his movement, he was the real ambassador of peace
Even he was a communist, he was a humble leader
“AND NOW WE UNDERSTAND THAT SOMETIMES WE NEED TO SEE THE BAD SIDE TO APPRECIATE THE GOOD SIDE”